SAP Business One is business management software designed for small and medium-sized enterprises, sold by the German company SAP SE. As an ERP solution, it aims to automate key business functions in financials, operations, and human resources.
SAP Business One are arranged into 14 functional modules, covering the typical functions in a business organization. The most widely used modules are Financials, Sales Opportunities, Sales – A/R, Purchasing A/P, Business Partners, Banking and Inventory.
- Administration, where setup of the various core settings in the application are done
- Financials, where definition of Chart of Account are set up and the core Journal Entries can be created
- Opportunities, where Lead generation are used to keep track of potential Sales and Purchases
- Sales – A/R, where the sales flow (Quotation > Order > Delivery > Invoice) are managed
- Purchasing – A/P, where the purchase flow (Quotation > Order > Delivery > Invoice) are managed
- Business Partners, where master data of Leads, Customer and Supplier are maintained
- Banking, where payment of Incoming (sales) and Outgoing (purchase) payments are created
- Inventory, where master data of goods to be sold/purchased are maintained and their quantity/value in warehouses are tracked
- Resources, where master data of resources (machines and people) to be used in production are defined (capacity and planning) [only SAP 9.1 and higher]
- Production, where Bill of Materials master data are maintained and Production orders are created
- Project Management, where you define projects (what you do when) [only SAP 9.2 and higher]
- Material Requirements planning (MRP), where forecasts of needed items in sales/production are defined in order to make purchase order recommendations
- Service, where management of service contracts are maintained and service calls are created
- Human Resources, where employee master data (Names, contract information, roles, etc.) are maintained
Each module handled specific business tasks on its own, but is linked to the other modules where applicable. For instance, an invoice from the billing transaction of Sales & Distribution would pass through to accounting, where it will appear in accounts receivable and cost of goods sold.
You can receive a consultation number from VIES for each VAT identification number that you validate if you provide a valid requestor’s VAT identification number during validation. You use this consultation number to prove to a tax administrator of a member country that you validated the VAT identification number and obtained a validation result.
You can validate a single VAT identification number at the time of data entry. You can also validate multiple records using a batch process.
- Place the numbers in the input box – one number per line – (usefull for pasted numbers from spreadsheets) and press the button “Check”.
- The results immediately appeared, with the inputed numbers and response from Member State’s database ( VIES ).
- Save the verification on your hard disk or send the result of verification to your mailbox.
- To validate new set of numbers press “Clear all” and the result box returns to input mode again.
- If you have received an error message when entering your VAT number, please check to make sure you have entered the number in the correct format. Please enter the country code first, followed by the entire VAT number. Please enter the number without any spaces.
- INCORRECT: 157 544 555 666
- INCORRECT: GB 157 544 555 666
- CORRECT: GB157544555666
Accountant’s insurance tailored for your business
As a person or company responsible for the finance of other businesses or individuals, accountants are uniquely vulnerable to the consequences of mistakes or bad advice.